Monday, January 11, 2010

I WROTE TO MY CONGRESSMAN!
HERE IS THE LETTER I GOT BACK FROM
 CONGRESSMAN BILL POSEY



January 11, 2010



Dear Brandon,

Thank you for contacting my office to express your support for the Great Ape Protection Act. It is good to hear from you.

As you may know, this bill was introduced on March 5, 2009 by Rep. Edolphus Towns (NY-10). This legislation bans invasive research on great apes, as well as prohibits federal funding towards such research. The Great Ape Protection Act also includes provisions prohibiting the transport of apes for the purpose of invasive research and breeding.

Since its introduction, H.R. 1326 has been referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. While I do not sit on this Committee, please be assured I will keep your concerns in mind should this bill be considered on the House floor.

Thank you again, Brandon, for contacting me. It is an honor to serve you in Congress. If I may be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Bill Posey
Member of Congress

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brandon. Great Work on your blog. Thanks for helping and educating people on the plight of Chimpanzees. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I am trying my get people to help the chimps and speak out for them. Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Brandon :]

    ReplyDelete